Saturday, September 3, 2016

Day 12? (It's 12, right?)

Friday wasn't a particularly exciting day. I had one class and it was Japanese class and the main two things you need to know about that is that 1. I forgot a lot of Japanese over the summer, and 2. My somewhat elderly Japanese (nationality) teacher is level 20 in Pokemon Go!

Now onto Saturday. I woke up a bit late and went down for breakfast of ham, cabbage salad, toast grapefruit juice, and a square squishy thing that tasted like scrambled eggs. It was egg of some form though I don't know what.

After that Okaa-san drove me to the grocery store which was way different from the marts I've been to. Things were cheaper here and it was really busy and the employees were constantly shouting welcome. Constantly. It never stopped. After that we walked to the train station so we could go in "The Store," which is kinda like a mini mall. We walked through it and up some levels and found a 100円 store. Therein we bought some chocolate, a world map (Okaa-san looked for and couldn't find one a couple days ago at home), and some origami paper.

We went home and had really yummy, home-made yakisoba for lunch. Then I ate some rice cake chips. For the afternoon I played some games with some American friends, and then later Okaa-san's and Otou-san's son came to visit. We all had dinner of chicken, corn, rice, and fruit together. He was really nice.

After dinner we looked at the world map together and I showed them Wisconsin. The three of them talked a LOT in Japanese and so it was kinda hard to follow the conversation sometimes, but just listening is good practice too. I had a tapioca Popsicle with red beans inside for desert tonight. Also Otou-san and his son shaved down my bedroom door so it can close now. I'm so happy for that. It was a good night, and now I'm sleepy.

-Zzzzz once again

No comments:

Post a Comment