September 1st, 2016. First day of classes at KGU. I got up bright and early, had breakfast, and made it to school in time for my kanji class. Which was just a syllabus and introduction day. We filled a little info sheet about ourselves and that was it.
Then I hung out for a while with Sam, Htet, and Irene, before Irene joined Anna at city hall for paperwork stuffs. Without those two we journeyed the the nether-regions of the campus cafeteria, searching high and low for deliciousness. Luckily, deliciousness was both high, low, and everywhere else. Everything there is delicious.
Towards the end of lunch Anna and Irene returned, Micah found his way to us, and we promptly ditched everyone to go to either Manga drawing class (for Sam), or ceramics (for me and Htet). That class was exhausting.
Ceramics is special because it holds two class periods back to back, making for a 3 hour long class period. During that time we mostly got air out of our huge slabs of clay. It's a really difficult and meticulous process which requires tactfulness that I evidently don't yet have. It was exhausting on the back and the hands and arm. We also covered some forms of pottery and the process from raw material acquisition to final product. It was neat.
After that I was pretty much free so I went to try to fix some scheduling stuff, mostly in vain and then went home.
For dinner I had tea, grapefruit juice, rice, soup, chicken, and a vegetable salad of sorts, which probably included spinach. It tasted yummy. After that I took my shower, was offered a drink and snacks to take up to my room, and prepared for bed by talking to me mum on the phone. :)
All in all I'd say it was a successful first first day of classes at Kansai Gaidai.
-The Kanji Student
No comments:
Post a Comment