Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Opening Ceremony Day

Today was rather uneventful so I keep this one short. We had opening Ceremony today which was mostly the president, Australian Consulate, and uh... an insurance business alum-guy giving speeches telling us to do our best dattebayo, and to talk to the locals rather than just to each other, as foreign students. Which, right now is kinda hard since locals still don't come for another two weeks. :^( But isn't that bad when you're got friends who are local! :^D

After the ceremony we went to a luncheon thing, it was cool cause y'know- free food. I got some sunburn from sitting in the sun. Good times joking around, and all that. After lunch I went to the ceramics orientation meeting, where at I actually got ceramics put on my schedule, because I hadn't gotten the section I wanted. We also got to pick out some raggedy old clothes to wear while we participate in class, and found out our homework is actually just 3 additional hours spent in the studio during the week at some point.

I fiddled around some with other classes after the orientation as well. I added Women in the Economy, and plan to drop Deaf World Japan, and Can We Enforce Human Rights? Not because they don't sound interesting, but the courses they're being replaced with (Ceramics & Women in the Economy) fit better with my schedule goals. First day to drop is tomorrow though, so they're gonna sit on my schedule for another few hours.

After doing that I paid my 10,000 yen ceramics fee, hung out for a little bit longer with Micah, Sam, and Htet, and then went home. :) Dinner was noodles, and soup, and rice, with the same tea to drink. It was delicious as always.


And now you guys are caught up, and my first day of classes are tomorrow, I'm gonna catch some Z's, and tell you all about my Kanji & Ceramics classes tomorrow.

-Zzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment