Woke up for "real" orientation, showered in the showers last night. They're still too hot. ;-; We walked in the meltingly hot sun to school and sat through the pretty straight forward orientation.
Then I went to the multimedia hall for no particular reason, but I saw Htet, Micah, Irene, and Anna, Wa, and Khris, and I went with them (except Htet who went to get a pocket wi-fi) to get lunch at the cafeteria. I got curry rice and a peach tea drink. It was extremely good, and I'm tempted to get the curry again. While we sat during lunch we talked about things such as the fact that our insurance covers dismemberment, and about Japanese shirts that have nonsense English on them. It was great, I looked some up for reference.
After which they went to go look at SIM cards and pocket wifi themselves, while I went to my computer appointment to get wifi. After that I met back with them at the CIE. I checked my mailbox there and saw my letter containing info for my home stay family. I'll meet them on the 28th, woohoo!
I'll be staying with an 81 year old couple, the husband is a dentist and the wife a homemaker. They have no pets or children, and don't smoke. :) And! Walking to school from their house is only 15 minutes! Yay! I'm excited about that.
After I got my letter and my friends got theirs too, we went to the study lounge in the CIE and sat down to fill out some privacy, housing, and other general forms to turn in. I was testing out the wifi on my laptop, but it didn't really seem to work, so we just finished what we were doing and went to pick up Irene and Anna's pocket wifis that they bought.When we finished there, we decided we would go shopping at Top World, a little ways away from the university.
So at last, we were walking... walking... walking... (dodging bicycles, dodging cars), walking... Walked passed a pachinko parlor with terrible English Signage. It's okay though, because we had a good laugh about it. :) This Top World actually didn't seem that different from the market I went to on the first day in the dorms. It was pretty much organized the same, but this time I decided to buy more food than last time, as well as some water because I was finding I didn't exactly have as much as maybe I should have. I also bought a couple items I wasn't fully sure what they were, including but not limited to fried chicken... ankles... maybe? Dunno. :P They're chewy.
Anyway after that, we headed back to our dorms, hands full of supplies to last us
Also by the way, I don't think I've mentioned this on the blog, but apparently rumor has it there is a 70-something exchange student who was natively born in Japan, but moved abroad some-what young when she got married. I guess she just divorced her really mean husband and said she's here to have fun! I think that's pretty awesome that there's an exchange student that age! Just goes to show that you're never too old to learn some new tricks!
Oh, and guess what friends! I have pictures! They're actually the reason this post is so late! Hurrayyy! Look below:
These are from the Pachinko Parlor next to Top World!
My lunch from today, Curry rice!
Milk tea! It was kind of sweet but not American type sweet, and had an interesting after taste, I'm sure I'll get more later~
My spoils from Top World! Especially this:
Match and Melon Calpis! Yum! I'll probably include some of the previous pictures to my facebook...
Now then, I'll be off on my merry way, I have to go to the final orientation thingy. Sigh. So much work.
No comments:
Post a Comment