Friday, August 26, 2016

TakoNYA~ki

Woke up again, same old same old. Went to our immigration orientation. After that was health and safety Orientation. With some club advertisements in between.

Fun fact: there are only 6 universities in Japan that have McDonald's in them, Kansai Gaidai is one of them.

Fun fact 2: the professor giving the immigration orientation taught us how to separate trash (which we've already been doing), and he said he once surveyed his Japanese students anonymously asking if they had committed any crimes in the last 6 months and 80% said yes, the next Semester he asked what the law was and it was all improper garbage separation. Which. Isn't. Illegal. It's bad, but not illegal. So I guess it's pretty serious.

The safety seminar was mostly don't drink and drive (including bikes), and common sense stuff. Don't run over barricades when a train is coming, be safe on bicycles at night, etc.

After that finished we went to lunch at the cafeteria. I got katsu curry rice. (Curry + meat + rice). Then we went to our respective meetings for home stay and seminar rooms. We just ran through a sheet of agreements we would make with our home stay family when we meet them.

Then we went to finish registering our classes because our placement for Japanese was announced. I was placed in 3B! I also signed up for ceramics. I have Tuesday's off so long as I get everything In  applied for.

After we all finished signing up as well, we (I should specify that we is myself, Irene, Micah, Htet, Sam, Anna, and Christina.) went to go look at clubs and circles once again, because Htet hadn't seen a listing yet.

After that we went to the gym building again so everyone could see the club rooms. We walked by kenpo practicing and watched for a while. We also went on this neato overpass thing between buildings that I'm not sure we were allowed to walk on, but there wasn't exactly notation that we weren't allowed to, so we did. The reason I wasn't sure was because y'know... outside is dirty and we had no shoes on, but I dunno. Oh also I found out that you need to have shoes that haven't touched outside if you want to use them in a gym... so I guess I need shoes if I want to use a gym. :L
 
After that we went to a takoyaki place called Ojisan (uncle's) across from Top World. We got 6 to split among Christina, Htet, Myself, and Sam, and
then Anna and Micah got their own food. Irene went to talk to her speaking partner.












We all went back to Seminar house 4 (Christina and I as visitors) and ate our food, while Micah and Anna got food from their rooms. We talked about our many inside jokes, such as Nya~, the limitless coverage of limb dismemberment, and ankle biting old men who live in Anna's bed sheets. We chatted and had a good time, and then Christina and I went back to our own seminar house.

Then we were in for the day and I watched some t.v. and played some games. All in all it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment