Sunday, September 4, 2016

Sunday at Home Funday

I never left home today, but I did wake up to a wonderful egg and ham breakfast with toast again. :) It was a pretty lazy morning, consisting of mostly me studying and playing phone games. (Disney Tsum Tsum has stolen my life away.) To be fair, our Line group chat was relatively active today, so I had that going for me. Also Okaa-san tried to show me how to make an origami gift box, but it turned out it was really difficult and neither of us could really figure it out, lol.

For lunch we had !!pizza!!, sweet potato soup (not my favorite), and rice and chicken from last night. It was super yummy pizza! It's perfect too, since Sunday is Pizza Day. During lunch we watched a show that's pretty similar to antique road show, except it's Japanified, so it's more game-show-y. People would come up with their stuff, and it'd do fancy camera shots, and they'd hold up a sign with how much they think it was worth (or maybe what they spent on it?), and then it would be appraised and they'd re-raise the sign with the old price crossed out and the actual price written in red. What I learned from this is that wall scrolls are not expensive even if they look old. I think there was one instance where it was a forged item, which sucked. But there was another instance where this guy paid only 70,000,000円 for a really pretty pot, which turned out to be 7,000,000,000円, it was really impressive.

After that show was done I was totally gonna go upstairs and do my homework play games with friends before they went to bed (it was around 12-1am home-time), but another show came on about little kids who go to visit their grandparents all by themselves. It was SO cute, I couldn't help but watch it. This particular episode followed a boy named Ryuga, and he went from Osaka to his grandparents in Okinawa. He was 5 years old. He also went to the store by himself, (obviously with camera crews too), and bought a massage machine for his grandparents as a gift. He also drew them both a picture. His mom gave him a 10,000円 ($100) bill to pay for his gift and his travels (excluding the plane ticket, which, by the way, he flew by himself). Sooo cute! He really wanted to help his grandpa pick Goya (bitter melons), too, because they grow a lot in Okinawa. Oh it was just adorable.

After that show ended I actually went upstairs to play games with friends. :^) It was a good time, lots of League, lots of Legending. Then I went downstairs for a dinner of the egg square thing, miso soup, rice, asparagus and mixed vegetables, aaand, something I'm forgetting. It was really yummy to eat! I didn't even know I liked asparagus. Afterwords my mom gave me a little grape flavored jelly thing, which, let me tell you, these things are the BEST. Then, at 8pm we started watching a historical drama called Sanada Maru- not gonna lie, there's subtitled episodes online. It looks cool, check it out, and proceed to understand more than me- because it doesn't air with English speakers in mind. </3

After that I took my shower and went upstairs for bed-time, and by bed-time I mean homework and call mom-time. :) After all was said and done, I went to sleepsies. Yay sleepsies. Everyone have a wonderful Sunday, mine's over. Back to school. G'night!

Freaken Delicious


-I'm already asleep

No comments:

Post a Comment